Getting MQTT running in Docker on a Synology NAS

Is there a docker image file for Mosquitto MQTT Broker that I can import to my Synology NAS/Docker. If not would appreciate some help in how to load it into docker running on a Synology NAS.

Much of what I am doing is very new to me. I am trying to get MQTT setup for my LoRa boards as a next step in my first automation project.
Forgive me for such a basic question but I am a retired senior telecom and IT guy and familiar with many of the technologies but of course never actually implemented, until now.

Hi, yes there is. You can use the eclipse-mosquitto image.

If you have a config file at say /home/vulcan/mosquitto/config/mosquitto.conf, then you could run it in docker like: docker run -v /home/vulcan/mosquitto/config:/mosquitto/config -v /home/vulcan/mosquitto/data:/mosquitto/data -p 1883:1883 eclipse-mosquitto:2. Other config files can also go in the same directory. You would have to change the port 1883 to match if you are using port 8883 instead. The data directory is intended for writeable data from the broker, e.g. persistence data.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Roger

Hi Vulcan.
There are some youtube videos that helped me with the setup, but this one was the easiest to follow.

The only change I had to make was to add:
listener 1883
into the configuration file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin J. Arbour