My first installation and relative problem :-)

Hi,

just installed https://mosquitto.org/files/binary/win64/mosquitto-2.0.18-install-windows-x64.exe
This is a free version or trial version?

I can correctly connect to the server but this command don’t work:
mosquitto -h
mosquitto_pub -i mosq_pub1 -t “Test topic” -m “Test message” -d

This is the error: The term ‘mosquitto_pub’ is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Note that in system variable path mosquitto is present

Thanks

The version you downloaded is the OS source version of Mosquitto. To get Pro Mosquitto, visit cedalo.com. :slight_smile:

To get Pub/Sub going on windows you need to do the following:

After installation, add the Mosquitto directory to your system PATH. This is necessary for the command-line tools to be accessible from any location in the command prompt.

• Open the Start menu, search for “Environment Variables,” and select “Edit the system environment variables.”
  • In the System Properties window, click the “Environment Variables” button.
  • Under the “System variables” section, find the “Path” variable, select it, and click “Edit.”
  • Click “New” and add the path to the Mosquitto installation directory (e.g., C:\Program Files\Mosquitto).
  • Click “OK” to close each window.

or be in the Mosquitto install directory.

This should be enough to make it run. If that does not work, please share more details, maybe via screenshots, to help you.